Macon Deportation Lawyer
Skillfully Defending You Against Deportation in Georgia
If you are a lawful permanent resident or other visa-holder currently living and/or working in the U.S., the potential for deportation (known as removal) is always present if you violate U.S. immigration laws. Deportation proceedings are initiated by The Department of Homeland Security and can be lengthy and complicated matters. However, just because a deportation process was initiated does not automatically mean you will be deported. To give you the best chance at remaining in the U.S., you will need a capable Macon deportation lawyer who can determine and implement a strategy for keeping you in the U.S. despite the circumstances.
At Deadwyler-Heuman Law Firm, LLC, much of our practice is centered on U.S. immigration law. Thus, we are well-versed in the statutes and the ever-changing developments concerning immigration matters of every nature, including those involving the threat of deportation. If you have received a Notice to Appear (NTA), we strongly urge you to seek the services of our Macon deportation lawyer. We can analyze your case and determine how to best move forward on your behalf. Our firm will use all of its resources, legal understanding, and tenacity to help you achieve a favorable outcome.
Deportation / Removal from the U.S.
Various circumstances can lead to the risk for deportation as a noncitizen in this country.
These can include:
- You originally entered the U.S. illegally by crossing one of its borders without proper authorization
- You have overstayed beyond the required departure date of your current visa
- You obtained employment here which is not allowed per the terms of your visa (such as being here as a tourist or student)
- You otherwise violated the terms or conditions of your specific visa
- You committed marriage fraud in order to obtain a green card
- You failed to notify the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services of a change of address
- You helped to smuggle into this country other foreign nationals or violated other immigration laws
- You were arrested and convicted of a misdemeanor or felony that makes you inadmissible, such as domestic abuse, drug possession or distribution, theft, battery, firearms trafficking, various types of fraud, sabotage, terrorism, money laundering, and aggravated felonies such as murder, rape, and other crimes of “moral turpitude”
- You became a “public charge” by seeking and obtaining public government assistance which violates the conditions of lawful permanent residency
- You failed to renew your visa before it expired
The process starts when you receive a Notice to Appear before an immigration court. The Notice will contain information about the proceedings, such as why you are being summoned, what violations you may be accused of, that you have the right to a Macon deportation attorney of your own choosing and at your own expense, what will happen if you fail to appear, and that you must provide your current address and contact information.
Removal Relief in Georgia
It is the burden of the U.S. government to prove that you are inadmissible to this country through clear and convincing evidence. If it cannot, you will not be forced to leave. If it does prove its accusations, you still may be able to obtain relief through various legal actions. These can include an adjustment of status, obtaining a waiver of inadmissibility, cancellation of removal, seeking asylum, and other potential actions. These relief actions can be sought based on the facts and circumstances of your case, as determined by our Macon deportation attorney.
Deadwyler-Heuman Law Firm, LLC Can Fight for You
Our firm has helped many individuals defend themselves against deportation proceedings, and we are prepared to do the same for you. We know how frightening and uncertain such proceedings can be for you and your family and are dedicated to providing you with unwavering support from start to finish of your case. We will work hard to advocate for your rights and defend your case both in and out of court, as well as provide compassionate support to help ease the stress you and your family are feeling during this difficult time.
Simple & Hassle-Free Payment Plans
We will not turn you away because of financial difficulties.
Attorney Ashley Deadwyler-Heuman is a highly respected attorney amongst prosecutors and judges.
A Personal, Vested Interest in Our Clients
We are committed to handling each case with the attention and respect you deserve.